Over the last few years, India has emerged as one of the fastest growing economies of the world and is fast transforming into a global economy.
However, in the midst of this thriving economic boom, there are also some serious concerns facing the future of the country. Credible surveys have revealed that more than 65% of the population live below the poverty line; rural literacy rate is 58% amongst men and only 31% amongst women; more than 60% of primary schools in India have only one teacher to attend to classes I-V; only 80% of children join a primary school and amongst them 39% drop out before completing 5th grade in order to support their families; and 60 to 115 million children are working in agriculture, polishing gemstones, rolling cigarettes, packaging firecrackers, and weaving silk saris and carpets.
Millions of children are out of school because they can’t afford it. They have a ‘will’ to be in school, but have no ‘way’. We show these children a way to school, help them obtain higher education and give wings to their dreams.
Scholarship program for unemployed working professionals: The CSR division of the company runs Scholarship program in collaboration with INDIAN MANAGEMENT ACADEMY- IMA for the development of underprivileged & unemployed working professional to attain skill based training through partnering Indian & international universities for better employability. These classes provide non-formal education along with correspondence studies.
We are also running scholarship program for doctoral & post doctoral courses for students willing to progress in the field of research & development through support of International Partnering Universities.
As part of philanthropic activity our company also distributes books, uniforms, and stationery to underprivileged school children.
The Company is running another institution ‘IMA-ESDI’ with the support of ‘MSME’ of Govt of INDIA for the upliftment of Skill based and professional vocational training for young entrepreneurs & professionals.
• Awareness campaign in municipal schools to educate kids about important values in life; such as value of higher education, discipline, ethics, self-assurance, etc.
• Work with various organizations to give vocational training to people with disabilities, adolescent girls and widow women to enhance the employability
• Provide scholarships to remarkably talented medical, IT, engineering and PhD students
• Provide uniforms, school bags, textbooks or other school supplies to unprivileged students
• Implement various campaigns in slum and rural areas to generate interest in education and inspire kids to attend school
• Reimburse college fee of needy disabled students
Since the beginning CIHF & our associated companies have been instrumental in organising health check-up camps of Free Medical & Optical Check–Up, dental hygiene check up, distribution of Medicines, Midday Meal. Access to primary healthcare, awareness of basic hygiene and medical treatment of underprivileged patients beg a lot of attention.
We dedicate ourselves and ensure a helping hand reaches to every individual who seeks medical help.
• Free health check-up camps
• Provide food to needy leprosy, tuberculosis, HIV+ patients in government hospitals
• Various health awareness campaigns for basic hygiene, sanitation, health and nutrition, skills and livelihood
• Donate medicines to aged and poor patients suffering from major illnesses
• Help needy patients meet substantial medical expenses for their treatment or surgery
• Monetary contribution towards the treatment of poor kids who are being diagnosed with cancer or other major illness
Random act of Kindness:
• Disaster relief campaigns
• Financial assistance to orphanages, old age homes and organizations working for physically challenged, blind, deaf or mentally disabled people
• Provide assistive devices (wheelchair, crutches artificial limb, hearing aids, etc.) to needy differently abled people
• Distribution of Clothes, Hygiene stuff (toothpaste, brush, soap, sanitary pads), Medicines, Toys, Books, etc. in slums and rural areas
• Distribute food in various slum areas in Diwali and other major festivals
• Organize various entertaining programs, like dinner events, picnics, movie shows, dance sessions, etc. for kids with physical/mental disabilities and orphans
• Anti-Smoking campaigns
• Donate sewing machines to women in rural areas and widows to make them self-sufficient
Thousands of NGOs have been battling to eradicate these issues by demonstrating and implementing sometimes innovative solutions that make a highly significant impact. We At CIHF, our mission is to learn from these non-profits and strengthen the mechanism that supports such causes, focusing on those that demonstrate innovative, large-scale solutions that have the potential to change patterns across society through replicable models.
Apart from above mentioned Initiatives we do work on programs like:
• Disaster Management
• Healthcare Check-up Camps & Awareness Campaign – Promoting various government healthcare schemes and personal hygiene.
• Educate families in slums about importance and impact of higher education.
• Make a wish come true campaign – Grant the wishes of children with life threatening medical conditions with Make-A-Wish Foundation.
• Scholarship Program for meritorious school students for higher education.